Vegan Banana Strawberry Oatmeal Squares
They’re om-nom-nom-tastic. And super healthy too! Makes 8 squares at 70 calories each.
1 small banana, mashed
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/4 cup oats (I used Quaker Quick Oats)
2 large strawberries, diced (you can also substitute for raspberries, blueberries, peaches, etc.)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 dash cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
1. In a medium sized bowl, blend banana, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
2. In another larger bowl, mix oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. Slowly add the banana mixture into the oatmeal mixture. Add the diced strawberries (make sure they’re fairly small pieces!)
4. Grease 6 by 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Scoop the mixture into there.
5. Optional step: Sprinkle sugar on top of the mixture.
6. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. They’re ready when they turn golden brown and no residue comes up when you poke them with a fork.
7. Let them cool for 20 minutes before cutting them up into squares.
8. ANNNND EAT!
Weekly challenge: Pick one unhealthy food or habit you have (eg. Artificial sweetener, chocolate, eating after 8pm, skipping breakfast) and aim to go 7 days without eating/doing it.
Day one: How tall are you, what do you currently weigh, and what do you hope to weigh after the 60…
I was I the mood of baking something earlier today and I have been craving bananabread for about a week now. So I figured I should just go ahead and make myself some banana bread. And as always it’s glutenfree! I had decided to follow a recipe (something I never do) but I just couldn’t. I always keep changing the recipes I found, so they’ll suit my taste better…Oh, well! I guesse that’s not a bad thing.
I decided to share the recipe I came up with with you guys, so here you go!
Glutenfree bananabread:4,5 dl gluten free meal mixture1,5 dl glutenfree oats1 dl coconutsugar1 teaspoon baking powder0,5 teaspoon baking soda0,5 teaspoon salt2 teaspoons ground cinnamon3 eggs1 Tbs water1 large ripe banana (mashed)0,75 dl almondmilkMix together all of the dry-ingredients in a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it’s a smooth dough.Put it all in a loaf pan (1,5 l) and let it rest in the oven on 175 degrees celsius for about 30-40 minutes.Let the bread cool down berofe cutting it.Enjoy!